Monday, March 12, 2007

God Is Gearing You Up for a Miracle

Today’s Scripture Reading: Numbers 13:1–20
Key Verse: Numbers 13:18

[Moses said,] “See what the land is like: whether the people who dwell in it are strong or weak, few or many.”
Just as God led the Israelites to the land of promise and told them to “see what it is like,” so He will tell you to go to the place He has promised you. He wants you to open your eyes and assess what is going on. Is the land strong, weak, or overwhelming?

God shows you how you are outnumbered and overwhelmed so He can get you geared up for a miracle. He wants you to look at the promise so He can tell you, “I have something for you, but I want to show you what lies in front of it: I have your enemies guarding your blessing.”

Are you bold enough to press in? God is setting you up so that no one can get the credit but Him. There was a day when you would not face trouble, but after coming through so much, you now look at trouble and say, “Trouble, you cannot stop me.”

God says, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper” (Isa. 54:17 NKJV). That may mean that He will let you see your enemy form the weapon, but it just will not be successful. That is what happened in the lives of Queen Esther and Mordecai—they watched Haman form a gallows for Mordecai and a death decree for Esther and the Jewish people. Yet those weapons went unused. When God shows you the weapon, just pray:

Today's Prayer:
Thank You, Lord, that this weapon is not going to prosper. Thank You for revealing the enemy’s plots and plans and for removing their power to hurt me. You are gearing me up for a miracle, for my life is not my own; I have been bought with a price. I bless You, Lord of heaven and earth.

No comments: